HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:09:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-FACTOR Thread  (Read 44556 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 06:07:50 AM »

WOW.

So now we know how she knows stuff.  I'm blown away.  

This is possibly my pick for comic book of the year.

Poor Perry.  He's going to have to read a time story.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:11:00 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 08:00:42 AM »

About the reveal,

It is cool, but as with any reveal-- does it make sense with her story in relation to House of M? Emma hinted that Layla was not simply and/or more than a mutant. And how did she turn on the reality button for people who were under Wanda's spell? Her power does not explain that aspect unless it was Emma's power coupled with Layla's "knowing things"

And the real question-- can Layla use her power on herself or does it allow her the most super perk of all?

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »

Well I could take no-more ... I now know the reaveal.
Pretty cool.

And Jeff, it is not time stories I mind, just Mutant time sto .... oh, yeah.  Grin Still, cool

Does it make sense with her story in relation to House of M?

Not at all. Yet (I hope). Unless making eye contact and using just a tad of her power made them "awaken" from not their true "life" and come back to "conciousness"
(thats how I would spin it)
 Grin

Of course, like most events, I kinda just remember the main happenings - Wanda erased most mutant powers - and move on. Having a very bad memory helps with that, of course.
 Wink

can Layla use her power on herself or does it allow her the most super perk of all?

Well as it saps the soul away, I don't imagine she would, But could she? Hmmmm

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
troyfreund
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

so, has anyone read #200 yet?  I've got it on hold, but haven't read it yet.  Looking forward to it and not afraid of spoilers, if anyone wants to spill!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »

so, has anyone read #200 yet?  I've got it on hold, but haven't read it yet.  Looking forward to it and not afraid of spoilers, if anyone wants to spill!

Got it in the mail Saturday but haven't got to it yet.  It's really thick which I'm excited about.  More X-Factor to love this month.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
troyfreund
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »

Well, honestly, #200 was a bit of a let-down.  The main story didn't do much for me;  the best part was the Siryn/Maddox story.  Did we really need the "Marvel Universe" entries for the team?  I guess it's OK, but not really needed.  The reprint of Madrox #1?  Not really needed either.  So, this wonderfully thick and heavy issue did absolutely little for me.  meh.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:13 AM »

Anyone?

X-Factor X-Nation. I liked it, and it made the future story worthwhile as they explained the possibilities to Scott. Longshot and Dazzler. WOW!!!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »

Anyone?

X-Factor X-Nation. I liked it, and it made the future story worthwhile as they explained the possibilities to Scott. Longshot and Dazzler. WOW!!!

I ordered it late so I won't see it until Saturday.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »

Hey Jeff, Thinking about adding X-Factor back on my pull with Spets 209 issue. Is there an arc in progress and should I get a couple issues prior to that or do you think I am safe in starting there ... as far as you know.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:04 AM »

help?

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 01:43:12 AM »

In my opion any issue is a good one to jump on with.  This book, even thru the current crossover, is gold.

Anyway, current issue is 205 with 206 shipping this week.  That is the last issue tied to 2nd comming.  207 would probably be the best place as it will most likey give a set up for the things to come.

Welcome back to the Factor

Cover to 207 below

...and the write-up

X-FACTOR #207
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
Remember when we warned you about the shocking twist involving Madrox's baby? Remember when the return of Shatterstar wound up making every comics-related website? Well, that was just a warm-up for the shocking end of this issue. X-Factor gets a new client, a tall green-garbed woman with a deadly secret, but that's just a set-up for the jaw-dropping final page that's going to reignite the Internet and have fandom going, "Did you BELIEVE what happened at the end of X-Factor #207?!"
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:49:29 AM by Wringer » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »

I agree with Winger. I like how PAD split the team up so he could continue his own story while only some if the team got caught up in the crossover.

Looks like 207 is the place to jump on.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 12:06:12 AM »

Cool thanks guys. I was trying to just keep it on MDC, but with their recent update bull-shit ...  Angry

I am missing me some good PAD stories

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Just added issue #208 to my preorder, put in a request for #207 to be added to my account and added X-Factor to my pull.

Ahhhhhh, haven't read a single line and yet all seems right in the world.

Thanks again guys.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 01:14:17 AM »

Cool thanks guys. I was trying to just keep it on MDC, but with their recent update bull-shit ...  Angry

I am missing me some good PAD stories

Sounds like trouble in paradise. Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS