HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:51:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-FACTOR Thread  (Read 44554 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 18, 2009, 10:39:53 PM »

Issue #41

Okay, Jeff, Just finished this issue and it was glad to see PAD back to PAD form. The humor is back and so is the intrigue.

I am a little lost now however (Been away too long from either this title or mutants in general) for I have no idea (or forgot) who Lenore is. The name sounds fimilliar, but I can't place it.

Also, when and how did Longshot get here?
Why is Cas pissed at Madrox? It wasn't his fault about the kid being ... him, right?
Where did Guido, falling from the sky, come from?
Is that Darwin (Brubakers mini Darwin) with him?
How did Darwin get here (I thought he died)
Are Guido, Monet and Darwin still with X-Factor?
And ... and ....

More later?

Haha
Sorry man ... you started this $#!&

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »

I'm still waiting for the latest issue to arrive in the mail but I can answer some of your questions.

X-Factor was hired by Darwin's dad to find him.  They found him with a skrull who was impersonating Longshot (Secret Invasion tie-in).  As "luck would have it" the real Longshot showed up.  Turns out, Darwin's dad was trying to find Darwin so he could sell him out to the bad guys (memory's a little fuzzy so I may need to look some things up).  I think the head bad guy was Lenore.  They wanted to exploit Darwin's power.  Anyway - that's how Darwin and Longshot hooked up with the team.

I'm assuming by Cas you mean Siryn (Theresa Cassidy?).  She was screamin at him to let go of the baby so yeah - she blames him even though she probably knows its not his fault.  He blames himself too so there's a lot of anger going around.

X-Factor pretty much broke up as a team but I think Siryn still runs the agency.

Dang - my memory sucks.  I'll go back and look at the previous issues and get back to you with the things I missed.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:20 AM »

Oh- and Yes - that is the Darwin from Brubaker's run.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »

Well, obviously Lenore is not who I said above.  I only vaguely remember her as a client. 

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »

COMING IN JANUARY 2010!

X-FACTOR #201
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by BING CANSINO
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
Something is rotten in the state of Latveria. How does it relate to the disappearance of the Invisible Woman? How does it involve Layla Miller, and is she now an ally of Doctor Doom, with all of her precious knowledge at his disposal? Will Madrox learn exactly who is buried beneath that mysterious grave? And will you buy the issue in order to find out? We dunno; what're we, psychic?

NATION X: X-FACTOR

Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by CHRISTIAN MACNEVEN
Utopia. The sanctuary for mutants to escape a world that wants them extinct. So is it the ideal home for X-Factor? That's what Cyclops believes when he invites the world's only mutant detective agency to relocate to their floating island retreat and take up residence there. But will Madrox and his team believe that it's the best place for them? What old faces will pop up, and what old acquaintances will be renewed? And will there even be a Utopia left when the mysterious Crone shows up and threatens to bring the entire place crashing down into the Pacific?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »

I actually need to stop looking at the damn X-Factor solits ... Do not want to start picking this back up again. I am enjoying the MDC, but as it is 6 months behind, it is getting hard to avoid.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:17:52 PM »

What issue are they at on MDC?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »

39 or 40 ... I think
 Cheesy

At the "baby" part

rasputin
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »

I just may pick this up at issue 200. X-Factor and Franklin Richards looking for sue...might be fun.

troyfreund
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »

What's "MDC"?  Anybody read #50 yet?  I haven't picked up yet, but am very excited to see what happens!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »

What's "MDC"?  Anybody read #50 yet?  I haven't picked up yet, but am very excited to see what happens!

MDC - Marvel Digital Comics - it's the online service that Marvel.com has with a lot of their inventory online.  They add the latest stuff, I understand, but at about a six month delay.

I got #50 in the mail today along with 16 other comics!  I'll be reading it at some point over the next week and can't wait to talk about it.

troyfreund
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »

C'mon Jeff, and read #50!  I just finished it feel like I have to go back and re-read the whole future storyline again, to make sure I've got a hold on most of the thread swinging around. It's a good issue--I was not disappointed.  Looking forward to seeing where things go.  I gotta say, X-Factor continues to deliver on story-turns that couldn't really be expected, characterization that seems real, and some really great dialogue and word-play.
Sweetness!
Troy
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »

Lol.

It's in the stack, Troy.  I'll bump it up to the top tonight and get caught up.  I hear there are some big reveals regarding Layla.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »

... I hear there are some big reveals regarding Layla.

Sh!t.

LA-la-la-LALAla-lalala

Grin

troyfreund
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 03:10:08 AM »

Yep, that's right-big news about Layla, and despite the reveals, I still don't know where the story is gonna go with her.  I'm intrigued to see what direction the book goes in now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS