HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:07:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET WARRIORS Thread  (Read 18067 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 07, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »

"Secret Warriors, come out and play. Secret Warriors, come out and plaaaaay"

(If you know that semi-acurate movie reference, you get a cookie  Smiley)

Issue #2 = Hydra'ific.

I love Hydra, though not in the "Hail Hydra" kind of way, and this comic is going to help bring them back to being the number one evil focus in the MU.

Hickman.

Just get used to seeing it.

Here it is again - Hickman.

Bendis plots this story and Hickman rolls the puppy like a no wrinkle fatty.

Oh, and those that read and enjoyed the Millar outlaw WOLVERINE run, the ending of this issue is ... well ... pretty cool.

8 out of 10 - Hydrox Cookies

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Herr Mike
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:27:31 AM »

I liked #1 bunches. This should be an interesting series. Hickman will be great at Marvel, though I'll miss his Image work. I'm sure he'll have a sweet Icon series before too long.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »

My issues (1 & 2) should arrive either today or Monday.  Can't wait to see what this is all about.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:11:56 PM »

"Secret Warriors, come out and play. Secret Warriors, come out and plaaaaay"

(If you know that semi-acurate movie reference, you get a cookie  Smiley)

Issue #2 = Hydra'ific.

I love Hydra, though not in the "Hail Hydra" kind of way, and this comic is going to help bring them back to being the number one evil focus in the MU.

Hickman.

Just get used to seeing it.

Here it is again - Hickman.

Bendis plots this story and Hickman rolls the puppy like a no wrinkle fatty.

Oh, and those that read and enjoyed the Millar outlaw WOLVERINE run, the ending of this issue is ... well ... pretty cool.

8 out of 10 - Hydrox Cookies

Solid issue.  No recognition of Caselli's awesome artwork?!?  Hickman/Bendis' collabo is a formula for a knockout book, but I think for me anyways, is that one of the main drivers for this particular comic is also because of Caselli's sweet linework!  From the detailed look of the underwater base, to his menacing depictions of Baron Strucker and the rest, made me feel that Hydra is going to be a major force to reckon with in the coming months! 

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

Issue #5

Woo Hoo!  Now THIS is what I'm talking about!

LOVE the return of the Howling Commando's - complete with a full on assault on H.A.M.M.E.R.

Although when the actual Secret Warrior team showed up I realized I still don't know any of their names.

Make this a strictly Nick Fury book and I'll be just as happy!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »

Dark Reign The List focuse on the Secret Warriors this week!  Should be a good follow up to the recent events taking place in both Secret Warroirs and Thunderbolts!

DARK REIGN: THE LIST - SECRET WARRIORS
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Pencils & Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Norman Osborn's got it in for Marvel's super spy, but what happens when he needs Nick Fury to uncover a breach in National Security? Nothing good, nothing good at all. It's lies, interrogations, double-crosses and just a whole bunch of meanness - It's the LIST. Plus, Nick Fury Files and a classic reprint.

HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »

So what say you Realmers of this book lately?  I know Perry is on the Hickman train, and I enjoyed the heck out of the first 6 issues, but as I am making attempt to get back into the reading regularity and make cuts in the process, does the title still hold a firm spot in your must read lists?

Thanks in advance.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

So what say you Realmers of this book lately?  I know Perry is on the Hickman train, and I enjoyed the heck out of the first 6 issues, but as I am making attempt to get back into the reading regularity and make cuts in the process, does the title still hold a firm spot in your must read lists?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.
More later.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 02:59:21 AM »

I just performed some major surgery on my pull list:  http://www.herorealm.com/hrboards/index.php?topic=3834.0

And Secret Warriors made it past the cut.  I'm still on board.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

... and I'm back

Yes, Still love this Hickman book. I also love what Marvel is doing. How all the titles blend in with each other so tightly. If you read -
Dark Avengers
New Avengers
Thunderbolts (to a degree)
Secret Warriors

It is like a huge tapestry. This all encompassing story line.

Anyway, back on topic ... AND SPOILERS AHEAD ...  (though if you need them now ...)

Yes this book is really fun. The reveal (Hydra running SHIELD) still blows me away, but I love it. Way to twist the ever loving @##%$ outta something.
Loving the Hydra.
We are the Hydra.
"Chop one title off the pull, and another two will be added to takes it's place"
 Grin

Hickmans new SHIELD book will be added soon, also. (though it deals with the past)

HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 06:08:33 PM »

After reading issues 5 & 6 again to get my bearings(gotta love how they stole 3 helicarriers!).....Finally got around to reading issue #7, and was a little apprehensive about the new artist, but all my fears were laid to rest pretty quickly. I'm liking Vitti a whole lot.   

Damn this book is good. Robbed a billion dollars from Baron Strucker.  Strucker asking Norm to put a hit out on Fury.  The new developments with Ares' kid.

I'm just gonna read them all up tonite and get caught up! Can't wait.

HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »

Wow, I'm actually up to date and caught up on a book other than Walking Dead or Invincible!

Secret Warriors #12

We get a little more background info on this Gorgon fella, which I didn't care for too much, and seemed like filler.  It wasn't until the book cut to Fury mobilizing his army did I get real excited.  Where's Mikel been hiding all these years??

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »

Is anyone still reading this?

I'm thinking about adding it back to my pull.

Advice please.   Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

I'm still enjoying this quite a bit.  The main focus is still the unraveling of Hydra both from the internal infighting and Fury's attempts.  The Secret Warriors are showing a little dissension themselves and it will be intresting to see how Fury keeps his young team in line.  Love the artwork, and Hickman's writing still shines.

If you got the room in your pull, and a few bucks to burn, it is a satisfying read.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »

Positively agree with Glenn ... but, I think this is coming to and end at issue 24 (or so). I would not jump on but I do whole-heartedly recommend the trades. Great story and heavy on the HYDRA (which I have missed)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS