HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:10:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181908 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

PS3:
Walking Dead Season 2
Fables: Wolf Among Us - Both of these games are stellar.  The stories are brand new, but it feels like it should be comic book canon.

Agree 100%.

And I saw you on PS3 ... was it yesterday or ... yeah, I think it was ... no ... maybe today?  Cheesy Sorry, Morphine (plus) kicking in and I can't remember.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »

And I saw you on PS3 ... was it yesterday or ... yeah, I think it was ... no ... maybe today?  Cheesy Sorry, Morphine (plus) kicking in and I can't remember.
 Cheesy

Been playin all weekend!  Saw you on there today too....Jeff as well....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »

Yes!  I finally started Batman Arkham Origins.

But today was actually the wife playing the original Lego Batman.  She's OCD and won't stop until she has all the canisters and trophies.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:26:40 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »

Ni No Kuni is on a Flash Sale on the Playstation Network.  Only $5!!!!  Looks like I'll be buying this!

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
HR Celestial

« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2014, 06:13:03 AM »

Ni No Kuni is on a Flash Sale on the Playstation Network.  Only $5!!!!  Looks like I'll be buying this!

Awesome RPG.  I was sold on the Studio Ghibli animation.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »

Just finished Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)

It's more of what you got and loved in Spyro 1 & 2. Nothing especially innovative here, just a great 3D platformer, with lots of charm, and a ton of fun. Had a blast with it! I wish Insomniac would have kept making these, because the 5th gen Spyro games don't hold a candle to the PS1 games.

I still have to play through the Sparx Worlds that I unlocked after beating it, though.

I'm in the middle of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)

I'm about 10 hours in, now. Great little traditional JRPG with lots of puzzle elements in it, just like the first two games. But with much better graphics and sound, being that this one is on DS rather than GBA. I'm sure the story won't be as epic as the first two games, since those came together into 1 big epic story. But I'm enjoying what I've played through so far. It seems more like a love-letter showing appreciation to the first two games, than it is doing it's own thing. But they've done it well, so far.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:15:24 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »

Just bought the Captain America table for Zen2 Pinball on my PS3. Really fun and well worth the $2.99 it cost, (Can't wait to get all the Marvel and Star Wars tables) but that damn Baron Zemo is pissing me off. I just can't get past the Death Ray and Adhesive X missions. Can't hit those ramps when I need to. I hit them 400 times when I don't need them, but as soon as that bastard comes out and opens those canisters, I can't hit the ramps to stop them. DAMN IT.
 Cheesy

EDIT to add video of one of the missions I was talking about -

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:45:38 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2014, 01:11:04 AM »

Thinking about paying the $2.99 for the Zen2 Pinball Walking Dead Video Game table......

http://youtu.be/wnj21pMPKGo

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2014, 10:32:06 PM »

Thinking about paying the $2.99 for the Zen2 Pinball Walking Dead Video Game table......

http://youtu.be/wnj21pMPKGo

They're fun, but not long lasting enjoyment. Worth $3 or so for sure or $10 for the star wars/marvel packs

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #309 on: April 22, 2015, 05:11:49 AM »

It's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread...

So what's everyone playing right now?

Me?  It's all about Mortal Kombat on my PS4.  The fatalities are so gory they're glorious.  The fight system is also really good.  If you were a fan of the last MK game, you'll really enjoy this one.

I only played a little of Bloodborne.  I will get back into once they patch the game and improve the load times.

I'm in the middle of playing South Park on my XB360.  So funny... so wrong at times.  LOVE IT!

I'm trying to finish all of the Batman games before Arkham Knight comes out.  Still working on the first one.

And finally, I just downloaded Captain Toad on my WiiU... It looks like fun so I'm going to start that soon.  (I intend on working on Zelda: Skyward Sword too).

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

I'm trying to finish all of the Batman games before Arkham Knight comes out.  Still working on the first one.

My favorite games hands down.  I only really religiously play video games these days when the Arkham games are out.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I should go back and replay them.......

Other than that I've been working through the Marvel Lego game for many months now.  I only pick it up ever so often for a few days and then go dark for weeks.

Just not enough time in the week to get to it, read my backlist of comics, read my backlist of books, watch all my TV shows....This work stuff is getting in the way of my fun!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

Just picked up Far Cry 4 from Best Buy about two weeks ago, as they had it on sale for $29. Played about 15 minutes and have never gone back. Not that it was bad, just have had no time to jump back in.

I think I am done for awhile with games until either the new Arkham Knight (maybe). Ratchet and Clank or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (I think certainly!!!) or the one true game to rule them all and my true number one game series of all time, Uncharted 4 (positively) hits

HR Celestial

« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »

Seems like videogames is all I'm playing lately over reading comic books.

On my PS4, I'm playing Telltale's Game of Thrones which is quite magnificent, but the chapters are short, so I play Shadows of Mordor in the meantime. It's a fun game with lots to do, but it doesn't hold my interest where I wanna play it for hours on end to finish it. Maybe it's cause I keep dying fighting these hordes of monsters!

On my PS3 I'm playin South Park Stick of Truth, which is a riot, and such an enjoyable experience being a fan of the show. I also tried Dishonored, but that game just bored me to tears from the first hour of gameplay.

I'm anxiously waiting for Arkham Knight. That's will be a day one purchase, and I'm sure I will play that non-stop like the others in the series.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

I just don't really touch games anymore. Not sure why. Maybe its the hours I obsessively play. Maybe I'd rather be reading, honestly. Maybe I have no one to borrow games from! Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »

It is being said by most "pop culture" sites  that you are either a gamer or a comic book'er

Hard to be both

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS