HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:05:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181898 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »

I could hold out no longer ...
 Grin

Lol.  I have this too buts it's third in line and I haven't got to it yet.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »

Just played Brothers on the PS3.  It's free right now for PS+ subscribers, and it only runs maybe 4-5 hours to play.

Incredible game with unique controls, and a story filled with adventure that pulls on the heartstrings.

I usually don't like to go back and replay games for trophies, but this game makes it easy to go back into each chapter and get all those little things that add to the story.

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2014, 04:59:23 AM »

On my 3DS, I'm still playing the new Zelda game...

On my WiiU, I'm playing Mario 3D land

And on my 360, I've gone back and started playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

I could hold out no longer ...
 Grin

Repetitive? Perhaps. Simplistic? To a degree. Fun? OH HOLY SHIT HELLS YEAH!!! Incredible game.

The way the Human Torch "melts" lego ice looks just amazing.

Will say that I wish, sometimes, that they would give us less of the text on how to do certain things to make it a tad more challenging and sometimes it gets a little irritating pressing the same button to use a special power as the one that starts your power. In other words pressing the "O" has the Torch turn into Johnny Storm and vice versa having Johnny turn into the Torch (with a hearty "FLAME ON"), but it also makes him shoot a heat beam ... sometimes I "Flame off" when trying to shoot the beam (boy if that isn't like real life! HAHAHAHA)

Other than that, this game is pure fun, pure comic book gold. The "boss battles" are just incredible comic book related joy. Soooo many characters and Thor ROCKS !!!!

8 outta 10  Marvel games that were made by the guys that own DC  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »

On my 3DS, I'm still playing the new Zelda game...

On my WiiU, I'm playing Mario 3D land

And on my 360, I've gone back and started playing Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

All fantastic games, my friend! I loved them all. I just beat the main worlds on Super Mario 3D Land, and have gotten into the Special Worlds.

As much as I loved Link Between Worlds (seriously, best Zelda game since Link to the Past on SNES!); one thing I didn't like was how you have access to like all of the items early in the game. Part of the magic of a Zelda game is earning a new item as you beat a dungeon.

HR Celestial

« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:31 AM »

As much as I loved Link Between Worlds (seriously, best Zelda game since Link to the Past on SNES!); one thing I didn't like was how you have access to like all of the items early in the game. Part of the magic of a Zelda game is earning a new item as you beat a dungeon.

Yup, I hear ya on that.  And the renting of the bow and arrow was annoying too.

At the moment, I'm playing the following:

PS4 - Marvel Lego Heroes and Assassin's Creed 4

PS3 - Bioshock Infinite, Rain, Walking Dead Season 2, and Fables:A Wolf Among Us

3DS - Zelda:Four Swords, Zelda: Link Between Two Worlds, and Super Mario 3D Land.

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »

OH MY GAWD!!!!  South Park: Stick of Truth is HILARIOUS!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2014, 08:08:41 AM »

OH MY GAWD!!!!  South Park: Stick of Truth is HILARIOUS!!!

Quoted for truth!!! Ummm .... for Stick of Truth  Wink

(I'm still rolling from the clinic scenes)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2014, 08:07:29 PM »

I so want to play it!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2014, 12:33:48 AM »

Me too!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »

Been playing INFAMOUS SECOND SON for work... fans of the previous games will like this one.  Game is beautiful.  If there is any "problem" I have with the game is that it plays too similar to the previous games.  It doesn't take advantage of the new hardware except for the graphics.  It plays it safe.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2014, 12:47:33 AM »

I tried out Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast today, which I picked up at Goodwill recently. And dang, what a freaking fun game! I played 3-4 games of it, all continues allowed. Couldn't beat it, but I'm sure with a little memorization and few more play-throughs I can do better.

Someone once told me it was a 3D fighter, and so I stayed away. Apparently that person doesn't know the different between a beat-em up and a fighter. So much Sega style squeezed into this, and pretty impressive looking for a Dreamcast game. Don't pass this one up if you have a Dreamcast, it's a MUST-HAVE Dreamcast game; and it's cheap to boot!

That inspired an entire Dreamcast playing session today. I also played these games and had a blast today:

-House of the Dead 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Super-Heroes
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
-Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

And I have this one waiting to play which requires a little more time and input; after I take this little break:

And coincidently enough, I just saw today on CGR's website that it's Sega Dreamcast Week on Classic Game Room! How appropriate.

Sega Dreamcast Week on CGR

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »

Oh, I love my Dreamcast.  It'll be a sad, sad day when my Dreamcast finally gives up the ghost.  If you get a chance, pick up:

- TYPING OF THE DEAD
- MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2
- STREET FIGHTER 3: THIRD STRIKE
- SPIDER-MAN
- RESIDENT EVIL: CODE VERONICA
- STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »

Oh, I love my Dreamcast.  It'll be a sad, sad day when my Dreamcast finally gives up the ghost.  If you get a chance, pick up:

- TYPING OF THE DEAD
- MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2
- STREET FIGHTER 3: THIRD STRIKE
- SPIDER-MAN
- RESIDENT EVIL: CODE VERONICA
- STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3

I've got Spider-Man, great game. RE: Code Veronica I have on PS2 (used to have it on Dreamcast, but decided to upgrade). And I'm not that big into fighters. I'd take MvC 2, but there's so many flashy special moves that frankly it gets confusing for me.

HR Celestial

« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »

PS4:
Watch_Dogs - I've played if for a few days, and the campaign is mildly interesting, and the open-world stuff is disappointing and uninteresting.  Bored with it to be frank.

Playstation Now Beta:
Papo y Yo - This game got some bad reviews, but I have to disagree.  One of the most unique and beautiful platformers I've played, with some puzzles that won't frustrate the hell out of you.

PS3:
Walking Dead Season 2
Fables: Wolf Among Us - Both of these games are stellar.  The stories are brand new, but it feels like it should be comic book canon.

Playstation Plus:
Skullgirls Encore - A mediocre fighter in the Street Fighter vain....

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS