HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:23:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181927 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »

ChronoTrigger is my all-time favorite game.  It's the reason I have the tag I do.  How are you liking it?

As for me, I just finished The Walking Dead game.  HEARTWRENCHING!!!!  So good!

I'm going back and playing some of my old GBA games... first up: LEGEND OF ZELDA: Minish Cap.

I played it when it was new on the SNES years ago and really enjoyed it. That's why I downloaded it again. I haven't played it again yet, though, because I played Breath of Fire II first, then got the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim, and now I'm playing:

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Good storyline that keeps the game moving. Nice amount of polish for a PS1 RPG (thought not quite FF level). But best of all is the unique battle systems which uses this cross-command menu that you can use to pull off combos which unlocks special moves. There's also a really cool magic system where you absorb enemy's abilities to gain magic spells. Both of these unique systems make you really want to keep grinding and seeking out more random-encounters so you can either discover new combos in the attack system or absorb new spells from enemies (while still gaining traditional experience points for level-ups), rather than random-encounters getting repetitive and boring.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:29:37 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2013, 10:53:04 PM »

THE CAVE.

A $15 download that is a real fun jaunt in the puzzle/platform variety. Each of the 7 different characters has their own special power (or attribute) and a section of the 'cave' made just for them. You go in with 3 of your choice, and replay with different ones (to unlock the other sections) if you chose.

Finished my first venture using the Hillbilly (His area is a carnival), the Time-traveler (ummm, time travel Grin) and the Knight (Castle).

Heading back to take the Scientist, the Twins (evil looking suckers) and the Hillbilly (as his section was the most fun) and then I will finish with the Adventurer, the Monk and ... well ... the Hillbilly most chances.
 Grin

Free demo on PSN (and I assume the other consoles as well). Give it a try.

Click for Trailer Preview

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »

Chrono Trigger on Wii Virtual Console. I played it way back when it was a new game. But it's been quite a while. I've just started and I'm really liking it, so far. I've forgotten enough about it after this much time that it's almost a new experience again.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2013, 04:52:14 AM »

I just finished playing The Last of Us and it is deserving of all the accolades and praise it's been getting.  The story and the gameplay was riveting from beginning to end, and it made you strategize on conserving and using supplies and ammo.  What made it fun too was that I had friends and family watching me play through the course of playing, and they were invested in the storyline too!

Now I'm about to dive into the latest DLC for The Walking Dead entitled 400 Days. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »

I just finished playing The Last of Us  

Damn I need to get back to that. Awesome game, even as early as I am in it (Just now facing the second pack of infected), but I just have trouble making the time to play it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »

Some games I recently finished playing through:

I recently finished 2 WWE Wrestling games for the XBox 360.

WWE '13 for XBox 360

FANTASTIC wrestling game. I could be a little biased since The Attitude Era is my favorite WWF/E era. But that was, BY FAR, the highlight of this game.

The storyline follows the birth of the WWF Attitude Era. Starting with the birth and formation of D-X, followed by the Austin Era, then the rise of The Rock, and then the Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker and Kane), followed by the many faces of Mick Foley, and finally the lead up to and the actual WrestleMania XV. After you beat all that, you then unlock a sort of "middle-card" storyline of the time right after WM XV. There is also a sort of "be the booker" mode called My WWE Universe. It looks neat, but also VERY detailed and in-depth; so it'll be something I'll have to come back to because I've had my wrestling game fill for the moment.

What's great, is the game gives great detail and background on this history and these matches, including video. So if you want to relive The Attitude Era, this is a fantastic way to do so. And, actually, it's better than the recent "Attitude Era" DVD WWE recently put out (which is a shame).

The controls are bit button-mashy, which I've seen complaints about online, but it's not that bad. You get used to it, real fast. I mean, it's not like it's WWE: Legends of WrestleMania; which brings me too...

WWE: Legends of WrestleMania for XBox 360

The game recreates matches and storylines from WrestleMania I thought XV. There are 3 ways you can play them: Relive (recreate), Rewrite (change history), Redefine (whatever you want, as long as you win the match). I played through all 3. There is also a "climb the ranks" sort of deal, like the old PS1/N64 wrestling games, called "Legend Killer", but you have to use a created wrestler, not an actual roster wrestler. I played through it, I didn't play through all 60+ opponent, but just short of that I earned all the medals/trophies.

What I loved about the game was the fan-service. The history they put in the game including video shorts that would show actual video of the build-up to matches, and of the actual match-highlights before you'd play the match. Not quite as well done as the WWE '13 highlights, but still good. The roster of classic WWF wrestlers was great, too, including alternate costumes. And lots of different match types and areans to battle in.

What I hated was the controls. A button-mashing mess. People complain about WWE '13 being too button-mashy, it's got nothing on Legends of WrestleMania. I was practically slapping the action-buttons on my XBox 360 controller half the time. It really makes your hand tired after long-play sessions.

I also recently finished

Golden Sun and GS: Lost Age on GBA

VERY highly recommended for traditional JRPG fans. Very cool game that is pretty addictive and both come together to tell one epic tale. It also uses a lot of Zelda-like puzzles, which keeps the game from becoming your normal JRPG grind-fest. And it has a large world to explore with lots of secrets to discover and side-quests to be completed.

Get these while they're still affordable. They were Nintendo releases, and Nintendo releases always tend to climb in value.

Halo 3: ODST

A much more character-oriented story than the other event-driven stories in the Halo franchise. A lot of fun and very dramatic. Story is told through a mixture of cutscenes and fallen soldier's personal logs. Very nice graphics. But kind of short.

Halo 4

I went into this, not expecting a whole lot since Bungie stopped making Halo games starting with this one. But luckily, I was pleasantly surprised. It still doesn't surpass Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2, but it's a very solid entry in the series and starts an entirely new storyline. New weapons and enemies through-out. And very nice-looking graphics. But it's missing that classic, rocking Halo soundtrack; and the replacement, while still good, just isn't quite as good as the original masterpiece.

Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition

Very slick graphics added to an already amazing game. That's really all there is to say about this. If you've played Halo: Combat Evolved on the Original XBox or via XBox Live Download, then you know what to expect here; it just has a pretty, shiny new coat of paint on it. And a neat little feature is that you can switch back to the original XBox graphics at any time during gameplay, if you'd like. The real benefit is that the original game's maps are now available for online mulitplayer via consoles (the original game was not XBox Live Enabled until Halo 2; only the PC owners got to play the original maps online).

DuckTales Remastered for XBox Live Arcade

So much fun! I loved the added content, the voice-overs, and new renditions of the music. And the controls were spot-on, something I feared for before playing it. And dang is that chase sequence hard at the end. A lot harder than a simple rope climb like in the first one. A lot more attention to detail in this one, than the original, as well.

It's totally worth playing through both the original and this remake. They really do feel like 2 totally different games in the same franchise, even though many areas are very familiar.

I want to see a lot more remastered 2D classics like this!

I also just started playing this on my PC today, just because I was bored, and was VERY pleasantly surprised:

Tyrian 2000 for PC

Which is an absolutely awesome 2D shoot-em up with upgradable ships (spend points for upgrades), lots of options to upgrade with, great graphics and nice soundtrack, and lots of levels and unlockable bonus levels! And best of all, you can save your game in-between levels.

Highly recommended for shoot-em up fans!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:45:28 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2013, 05:38:37 PM »

I'm currently playing Hitman Absolution, which is a fantastic game......the countless ways you could assassinate a target are very cool. 

I also signed up for the beta preview of Beyond Two Souls starring Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page, and hopefully I'll get to play it this week.  Can't wait to get my hands on the game when it comes out in a couple weeks.

These next couple of months are gonna be complete madness for avid next gen gamers like myself.  On the horizon....

PS3: Batman Origins, Castlvania Lords of Shadow 2, GTA V, and Beyond Two Souls

Preordered the PS4 that comes out in November and I got Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Watch Dogs preordered.

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »

I'm not much of a gamer. Does Angry Birds: Star Wars 2 count?

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »

I'm not much of a gamer. Does Angry Birds: Star Wars 2 count?

Absolutely!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2013, 02:03:55 AM »

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for XBox 360

I played the original XBox version when it first came out. But it's been so long, and I've had the XBox 360 version just sitting in my collection for a while after a friend gave it to me when he was moving.

So I decided to pop it in and play through it.

It gave me a huge glitch. Apparantly it's known to erase unlocked data if your XBox Live becomes disconnected and reconnects again. That's what happened to me. I lost some unlocked costumes as well as the Dr. Strange as a playable character. Which also mean wasted experience points respent on stuff I already spent it on.

Other than that annoyance, though, it was a blast to play through. And I swear there was some added content vs. the original XBox version that I didn't remember playing through. But it's also been so long, that I could've just forgotten. It has a very Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance feel to the gameplay, which I like a lot. Lots of unlockables. And it gives a lot of fan-service to the comic readers.

I tried to get into Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have the PS2 version. And I just couldn't. I don't know if having the PS2 is what the problem is, or if all the releases feel as cheap and lazy as the PS2 version does. It just doesn't have the same amount of effort put into it as the first one did. Poor voice-acting. Almost non-existant music. Bad movie-scenes. And they ruined the power-ups and item upgrades. I have no desire to finish it.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »

For XBox 360

This game is sooooo much freaking fun! I can't stop playing it. And it's one of those games that you're thinking about it even when you're not playing it.

But it's also tough as nails. You have regenerating health, but it depletes REAL fast. And when you die, back to the beginning of that area for you, and you have to re-earn any challenges you might have completed before dying in that area. Even though it's tough, it's also so much fun that I keep coming back for more punishment. And it makes beating those challenges so satisfying when you do.

My one complaint is that the game replaces invisible walls with irradiated areas that hurt and kill you. The problem is that sometimes it kills you so fast you have no time to react. Like you'll be swinging on your bionic arm, you swing to high, and before you can swing back down out of the radiation, you're already dead sometimes. It's not so bad or so often it's game-breaking though, just a complaint. I'd rather have invisible walls, personally, they don't kill your character.

BTW, it's hilarious when the enemies talk trash to you. They sound like real people. "Why do you have to be a such a bich, Spencer?!" and "SPENCER! I see you, you treacherous f*ck!"

Best part of this game, though, is that it's this damn good, and I only paid $5 for it, complete.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2013, 03:21:45 AM »

I am not much of a gamer either, but I have an xbox 360 and have been playing Grand Theft Auto 4 that I borrowed from a buddy of mine.  now that the new xbox has come out, I am on the prowl for cheap used games that I can play for the next 4-5 years.  I just got dead island on amazon for $10 (new) on black Friday.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)

I just beat New Super Mario Bros. 2. But I'm far from finished with it. I still have to unlock the hidden worlds. But I did defeat Bowser.

Great Mario game. I've heard a lot people say it just feels like more of the same. I don't agree. The coin focus really adds a whole new layer to the gameplay and adds a TON of replayability (as if Mario games already didn't have enough). Great classic 2D gameplay, but it looks gorgeous with the 3DS XL screen and the 3D graphics turned on. It was a ton of fun that I just couldn't put down, and I plan on going back for more.

If you have a 3DS, you MUST own this game.

Now I'm going on to conquer "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" for 3DS. So far, it's one of the best Zelda games I've played in years. It's good to be a 3DS owner.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »

I'm almost done with Max Payne 3.  I'm at a point where I'm stuck b/c the level is on a timer.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »

I could hold out no longer ...
 Grin

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS