HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:28:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181909 times)
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »

Jeff, now you need to get started on Bioshock 2!  Cool
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2011, 07:20:35 AM »

Any game that has Patrick Stewart narrating and voicing one of the characters get high praise from me!

Playing Castlevania:Lords of Shadow now.   Boss battles are insanely cool, and even some of the mid-level mini bosses in some stages are well designed. 

Loved fighting the Stone Titan, Ice Titan, and even the Ogre in the castle!

The 3rd stage boss had me throwing the controller in frustration though.  For so early in the game, do we really need a boss that has 3 different life meters already?

I'm getting the hang of the fighting system now... using dodge is like second nature....played up to level 5 on normal mode.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »

Castlevania is the best hack n' slash I've played in a long time. If ever. It's also one of the prettiest games I've seen this generation.

Also...

BEST

ENDING

EVER!!!! (watch past the credits)

HR Celestial

« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »

Castlevania is the best hack n' slash I've played in a long time. If ever. It's also one of the prettiest games I've seen this generation.

The design and look of the game is amazing.  The gothic scenery and level design is totally breathtaking, and I have to stop every once in awhile to admire the views. 

I just beat Camilla.....Castlevania has some damn cool quick time events that you won't soon forget!

HR Celestial

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2011, 05:57:32 AM »

Also..
BEST
ENDING

Whoa!!! You weren't kidding!!! Hands down, that was the coolest ending and most deserving of a sequel to be made this instant!!!!

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »

Also..
BEST
ENDING

Whoa!!! You weren't kidding!!! Hands down, that was the coolest ending and most deserving of a sequel to be made this instant!!!!

THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone sees the light! I recommend this game to damn near everyone who comes into my store and those who play it don't make it past Chapter 2. They bring it back a couple days later and say, "Meh, I just couldn't get into it..." and I think to myself, "Dumbass." People want instant gratification and things to be immediately worth their while.

Well, enough of that... WHO HAS MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3!??!!? IT'S SO DAMN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »

Well Perry, you'll be pleased to learn that while I wait for significant price breaks on Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Dead Space 2, I finally picked up started playing BIOSHOCK again!

I think I'm currently playing through the third act.....trying to synthesize some Vector formula, and shopping for ingredients in a Farmer's Market.

I gotta be honest though, I'm still not a fan of first-person shooters, but the atmospshere and quirky storyline are holding my attention pretty good.  I think that me playing it 5 hours straight means that I'm having a good ol time!

I think that hackng machines and taking photographs are my favorite parts of the game.  Hitting splicers with wrenches or fighting Big Daddy....I don't like so much!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »

I can certainly understand your disdain ... or at least distaste ... of the 1st person shooter aspect. Thanks for giving it another go.
 Smiley

I do think ... no, I do know that the immersive atmosphere and story totally sold me on this game. As a 'shooter', it was okay (though I loved all the new powers you can obtain. Sicking a swarm of wasps on people is cool as hell  Grin), but my enjoyment came from just falling into this world, letting the visuals and characters take me through this failed utopia of brilliance. Being shown the rot of paradise while I hunt for an escape.

Plus getting the shit scared out of me from time to time was pretty cool.
 Cheesy

Once you get past the docks (going under them was cool), it goes really fast, as you are powered up pretty well. Just make sure you get some good hits on Big Daddy before you get revitalized as his power bar doesn't recharge.  Wink

As for your other games you just got -
Was at a friends house last week-end (picking up some of his DC books) and watched him play M vs C for about a couple of hours. He can really play that damn game. I can't play those types of games as all I see half the time is a big blur of motion  Cheesy, but this guy is so good, he just whipped Galactus' ass all over the place.

He hated playing with Modoc, so I had him use MODOC, She-Hulk (another character he doesn't like  Wink) and Dormammu (as I am currently in a Dr. Strange kick) to try and whoop the planet eater ... Galactus just beat him, and destroyed the Earth, in about 20 seconds
 Cheesy

Deadspace I loved, but never finished, so it will be awhile before I have my heart jump out of my chest playing number 2.  I play that game at a snails pace. I was essentially taking 1 step every 2 seconds, pausing to see if anything attacks and then I take another step. Damn game scared the shit outta me ... but that was good Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:16:57 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:26 PM »

Well Perry, you would be proud to know that I finally finished Bioshock last night!  Really got fully engrossed into the game towards the end, and I only got about 3-4 hours sleep these past few nights to prove it!  Paying for it now, especially since we lost an hour because of daylight savings time!

I don't know if Bioshock is worth playing through again though to try and not harvest the kids for some EVE!  Is the ending better?

I see that Amazon is having a big special on Bioshock 2 for $13.99 right now, which will probably be done as I contemplate......and as much as I have a distaste for FPS, I may have to actually pick it up! 

There's nothing more satisfying then using a crossbow at close range on a splicer when you are using a camouflage plasmid!  Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »

Well congrats, sir.
 Cool

Never used the Camo Plasmid
 Cheesy

Cool how many different ways to play with all the different powers.

As far as the ending being different, I didn't play back through to find out (and I saved them all the time I played). I know there is a different ending for harvesting them, but I was always curious if the ending is the same if you harvest them all or if you harvest just one (or two)?
I do know if you save them, you get less Eve ... at first  Wink (they reward you with more Eve after every 3 you save)

As far as BIOSHOCK 2 ... It is ... okay. I don't like playing as a Big Daddy. I can't suggest that game, especially if you were on the fence with this one. It is fun, for me, but not as good and it doesn't suck me in like the first.

However ... part 3 (BIOSHOCK : INFINITE) looks awesome (new locale) ...

IGN's 2 minute thoughts on it

or

the 9 minute sneak peak

HELLS YEAH
 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:41:08 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »

I decided against Bioshock 2, as many reviewers and as you mentioned, it takes place in Rapture again and a lot of the surprises and awe are difficult to capture twice in a row.

Bioshock Infinite looks fantastic, and it's set in a city in the sky.....might get that....next year!!!

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2011, 08:35:20 PM »

Well I for one recommend Bioshock 2, especially if you can get it for $14. It certainly isn't as original as the first, but killing the Big Sisters is a challenge, and I though that the story picked up nicely from where the first one left off, even if it isn't directly related to many of the characters that we got to know in part 1. I played through it quickly, and that says something for me, because I have a bad habit of not finishing games that I start. You'll definitely get your money's worth, and then some.
HR Celestial

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2011, 03:18:27 AM »

Playing Enslaved:Odyssey to the West right now.....awesome platformer set in the beautifully ravaged ruins of New York City!   

HR Celestial

« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »

Well I for one recommend Bioshock 2, especially if you can get it for $14. It certainly isn't as original as the first, but killing the Big Sisters is a challenge, and I though that the story picked up nicely from where the first one left off, even if it isn't directly related to many of the characters that we got to know in part 1. I played through it quickly, and that says something for me, because I have a bad habit of not finishing games that I start. You'll definitely get your money's worth, and then some.

Amazon had Bioshock 2 for $11 today!!!  Couldn't resist even though I do dislike FPS, the storyline and environment just sucks you in!

Playing Enslaved:Odyssey to the West right now.....awesome platformer set in the beautifully ravaged ruins of New York City!   

I just finished Enslaved, and I have to recommend it for the great platforming sequences, visuals, and awesome character/voice acting.  Gollum from Lord of the Rings does the voice work for Monkey!  It's not too hard, and the whole experience is awesome! 

I have no business adding to my list of unplayed games, but I went on another little video game shopping spree and bought Joe Danger, and the Zombie DLC for Red Dead Redemption from the Playstation Network.....but first, I'm finally getting around to playing some Dead Space 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  With the lights on of course!  Grin

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2011, 12:36:49 AM »

Playing Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the Nintendo 3DS and this is one of the best strategy RPG's that I have played since Final Fantasy Tactics. Of course, what else should I expect from the guys who helmed the great X-Com games from the PC days of yore?   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS