HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:02:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181897 times)
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2010, 04:16:24 AM »

Well... it's the holidays so I'm sure some of us got some new games these last couple of weeks.  Care to share the details?

Me... I took full advantage of my stores B2G1 sale as well as our Employee Appreciation Day.

Finally got around to picking up Batman on the PS3, Xmen Origins: Wolverine on the 360, and Peggle and 7 Wonders II for my DS.  Oh... and I got my hands on a copy of Alan Wake.

Also... I recently got Gran Turismo and Red Dead Undead Nightmares as freebies for being the boss  Grin

Oh... and I'm finally getting around to playing Bayonetta.  Great game with fantastic style... I just wish the pacing was better.  So much of the game so far has been LONG CUT SCENE... GAMEPLAY... LONG CUT SCENE... GAMEPLAY.  Not enough gameplay... too much cut scene.  Despite that, I'm loving it.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2010, 06:29:09 AM »

I took full advantage of our Employee Discount as well as our B2G1 free sale and got:

Just Cause 2, Beatles: Rock Band, LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition, Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Infamous, Borderlands and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

Gonna pick up Tropico 3 next payday as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »

I refuse to play any more until Jeff gets through BIOSHOCK
 Angry

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »

Angry

Grin

Lol - I got to the last Boss battle three weeks ago and got stuck.  Been meaning to get back to it but the wife likes Lego Star Wars so I've been playing that with her.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »

Angry

Grin

Lol - I got to the last Boss battle three weeks ago and got stuck.  Been meaning to get back to it but the wife likes Lego Star Wars so I've been playing that with her.

Did I mention that I FINISHED BIOSHOCK!  (And Star Wars Lego too)

Just started God of War on my PS3 - its kind of tough.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »

Did I mention that I FINISHED BIOSHOCK!  (And Star Wars Lego too)

Just started God of War on my PS3 - its kind of tough.

Congrats!  I still need to finish Bioshock myself!  Got sidetracked from that game somehow....I think it was because I was playing that and Resident Evil 5 at the same time....

The first God of War is probably the most difficult.  Maybe switch it out to easy mode? 

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood myself.  This game is just mind-blowing in terms of merging great gameplay, with fiction, and historical events in Italy...and there is so much to do!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »

YAY !!! I can play again. Jeff beat Bioshock !!!!

Yes, the first God of War game was a little on the hard side (the ending was ridiculously so) but it is a fun game with some amazing game play.

Now I have to decide if I want to go get that Sly Cooper collection !!!!!!  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2011, 03:22:30 AM »

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is amazing. That is all.

15 Hours in and I'm about 45% complete.

HR Celestial

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »

Awesome! I've been immersed in the story mode too and have yet to try the multiplayer...have you tried it yet? I was wondering about that experience...

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »

Awesome! I've been immersed in the story mode too and have yet to try the multiplayer...have you tried it yet? I was wondering about that experience...

I'll give it a shot once I'm through with the single player.

Just started DNA Sequence 7 last night.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2011, 04:10:04 AM »

I finished Metroid Prime 2, and Mass Effect 2 recently (AWESOME) but I liked the combat and armor/weapon customization of the first better.

Then Red Steel 2, and am currently on Metroid Prime 3. Yup, I'm a Nintendo guy as well.

Then, I too will be playing BIOSHOCK.

Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
HR Celestial

« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »

I finished the story mode in Assassins Creed Brotherhood....that ending came abruptly but still surprising. A little on the unsatisfying side, but I'll pick up the sequel whenever that will be! Going back for feathers and Romulus lairs and last of leonardos contraptions, before I dive into multiplayer for a bit....

Then it's either enslaved, castlevania lords of shadow, or spiderman shattered dimensions that is sitting here all unopened! Or maybe I should finally finish bioshock!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »

... Or maybe I should finally finish bioshock!

Wha .... how the .... Holy Shit, son.

Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »

... Or maybe I should finally finish bioshock!

Wha .... how the .... Holy Shit, son.

Grin

Now it isn't that I lost interest in the game.  The game itself is awesome...the 5-6 hours I've played through at least. 

But me and first person shooters don't have the best of relationships.  I can do a short level or sequence that requires accurate aiming in bullet time or the usual quick 1st person zoom to focus for certain events, but completing a whole game in first person is a different story.  I just not big into FPS.....that's why I'm not a big Halo, Goldeneye, Call of Duty type of gamer.  I gotta be able to see my character.....even if its over his shoulder or from a distance.

I'll give Bioshock another go this weekend though....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »

Then, I too will be playing BIOSHOCK.

Cheesy

Or maybe I should finally finish bioshock!

Angry

Grin

Whew!  I don't feel so bad anymore!!    Grin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS