HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:08:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181907 times)
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »

Despite the fact that I've still yet to finish the new Prince of Persia game and I've yet to start Red Dead... I went ahead and bought SPLIT SECOND.  YES!!!!!  Loads of fun... love the explosions.  If you're a fan of the Burnout series of racers, you'll probably enjoy this.  (It was on sale at Best Buy... I don't know if it's across the country, but if you're in Michigan, it was.  The game just came out 2 weeks ago at $60 now it's on sale for $40.  Combine that with a $10 gift card sitting and collecting dust and a $10 Rewards coupon and you've got a happy video gamer.)

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2010, 02:39:13 AM »

Despite the fact that I've still yet to finish the new Prince of Persia game and I've yet to start Red Dead... I went ahead and bought SPLIT SECOND.  YES!!!!!  Loads of fun... love the explosions.  If you're a fan of the Burnout series of racers, you'll probably enjoy this.  (It was on sale at Best Buy... I don't know if it's across the country, but if you're in Michigan, it was.  The game just came out 2 weeks ago at $60 now it's on sale for $40.  Combine that with a $10 gift card sitting and collecting dust and a $10 Rewards coupon and you've got a happy video gamer.)

Split Second is on the top of my list of games to get next......the tv commercial showing the airplane crashing into the speedway had me hooked.  It's on sale at Best Buy in California too, so it's a national sale.  But at the rate that I'm progressing in Red Dead(damn sandbox games) I won't be checking out Split Second until 2011! Wink

HR Celestial

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »

Still playing Red Dead....but......

Gamestop online had a Father's Day promotion glitch(supposed to be buy 1 game, get another game 50% off), and I ended up purchasing Split Second for $30 + free shipping(code SAVER), without adding another game!

Add this to the list of games that are constantly piling up! 

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2010, 02:14:33 AM »

Added two new games to the "family":  SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 and PRINCE OF PERSIA: FORGOTTEN SANDS (wii).  Got a $25 gift card recently so I used that on GALAXY... and Best Buy had ANOTHER great sale for PoP.

I think I'm done for awhile now... no other major titles for me.

HR Celestial

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2010, 05:05:36 AM »

Took Split Second for a spin these past couple evenings, and it's addicting as hell to play.  3 hours go by and I can't put the controller down.  Trying to memorize tracks, and figuring out the timing to trigger the power plays.   It's a really great touch that this is kinda like watching a reality tv show....even down to the credits that roll after the elite races! I'm coming up on the mid season episode, but trying to place 1st in every single race-type available each episode is taking up my time. 

I like these arcade style racers......anyone hear good things about Blur besides what IGN and 1UP are saying about it online?

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2010, 06:54:28 AM »

What I hate about Split Second is that it's causing a compulsion to complete each track with a 1st place/gold ranking.  2nd place isn't good enough even though its enough for me to move onto the next event.  MUST... GET... GOLD!

HR Celestial

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »

What I hate about Split Second is that it's causing a compulsion to complete each track with a 1st place/gold ranking.  2nd place isn't good enough even though its enough for me to move onto the next event.  MUST... GET... GOLD!

I have the same mindset!  Thankfully it doesn't take too many replays/reattempts(yet), to get lucky enough to pull of first place.  I also have the obsession with saving all my power plays until I can change the track!

The stages with the helicopter missles or the big rig oil cans are tougher to place gold in for me though.  Just because of the sheer randomness of the obstacles.  Those take a fair amount of luck to get the gold. 

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:21 PM »

Oh my god, I beat Mario Galaxy with the 105 Power Stars possible that you can get, then it unlocks the....

Purple Coin Star Challenges. 15 Power Stars that you get throughout the various galaxies that have 100 Purple Coins scattered throughout them.

I hate them. They are impossible. Well, not really.... just really f'ing hard.   Cry

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22:19 PM »

Tecmo Bowl Throwback. 

I've been waiting for this one for a while.  Downloaded it this week.  Due to licensing changes, they couldn't use NFL names, teams, etc., but it's still endless fun.  Love it. 

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
HR Celestial

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »

Tecmo Bowl Throwback. 

I've been waiting for this one for a while.  Downloaded it this week.  Due to licensing changes, they couldn't use NFL names, teams, etc., but it's still endless fun.  Love it. 

I loved playing this on the NES and also in the arcades......I remember the arcade version had side by side monitors to create a widescreen football field view.  Is the downloadable version in widescreen format or standard definition?

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2010, 11:57:18 PM »

Tecmo Bowl Throwback. 

I loved playing this on the NES and also in the arcades......I remember the arcade version had side by side monitors to create a widescreen football field view.  Is the downloadable version in widescreen format or standard definition?

Both.  It's got new widescreen 3-D hi-def graphics and can be switched immediately to the old 2-d graphics, even in the middle of game play.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »

One additional word about TecmoBowl Throwback.  It's a fun game if you're nostalgic, but don't take it too seriously.  Apart from being outdated (which, of course, is most of it's charm), it's AI is a bit suspect.  Undecided  I've progressed a good way into a season, and I'm finding that my interception and fumble rates are getting higher and my players seem slower, while players from the opposing teams seem to get faster and stronger.  About half-way into the season, their running backs seem to run right through my defenders and if I start to gain some yardage on offense, their players get this incredible burst of speed and down I go (usually with a fumble, especially if I'm close to the goal line).

Not trying to sound critical here.  I still really like the game and I think it's still worth downloading, especially if you enjoyed this game when you were younger.  But if you're looking for a solid football game with a realistic computer opponent, you might be disappointed.  Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:42 AM »

Well my laptop died over the weekend and I was forced to go buy a new PC.  Bad news is there went my PS3 money.

Good news is - don't laugh Perry - I now have a PC that will run Bioshock!  I've had the game for 3 years and finally was able to install it.

Took me two hours to work out a sound problem but I'm good to go now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »

Bioshock is awesome!

I just killed Ryan and kindly found out the truth.  I had a feeling the game wouldn't end here and can't wait to see what the next level has in store!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »

Just completed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and the game is absolutely amazing. The storyline, voice acting (from teh likes of Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlysle) are outstanding and the game has one hell of an ending. It's definitely worth a playthrough at least once. It's a Devil May Cry/God of War hack n' slash but clocks in at an impressive 20 hours for the first time through.

The scene after the credits ranks amongst one of the best after-credits sequences I've ever experienced in a game. Very powerful and very well done.

Playing through Fallout: New Vegas right now. It's great. I've missed Fallout.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS