HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:02:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181905 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 01:52:45 AM »

I've downloaded several games from the PS Store.  I'm mostly playing WipEout HD and PixelJunk Monsters.  Both very addicting.  I also like Super Stardust HD when I'm in a sort of arcade game mood.

I've got the downloadable Street Fighter HD game too, but I rarely play it anymore.  It was the first game I downloaded, but I've been very disappointed in it.  The graphics are terrific, but I've been unable to beat the toughest opponent in the game: the d@mn controls.  It appears that the objective of the game is not to beat the opponent on the opposite end of the screen as I remembered from my days of playing this in the arcade, but rather to execute the various button combinations on the controls and hope, by pure chance, that the character happens to display the intended move.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Collector1
HR Hero

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »

Playing the Wii re-release of Kolona. It's just a simple, fun game. Why aren't more games like that being made? Just a a fun, colorful game.

They can be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason
above all - their capacity for good - I have sent them
you.  My only son.- Jor-El
Jerbur
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »

Hi,

i'm behind in my gaming and comic reading (just picked up red robin#1, batman 687, and batman and robin #1) But anyway since this is my first post and this is about video games...what am I currently playing?   I just got a DSi so to sum: mario; meh. mighty flip champs; great. paper airplane game; challenging. and The World Ends With You: It's hip to be playin' 'Square'. (pun apology not included)

-Jerbur-
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 12:04:09 PM »

Welcom to the Realm, Jerbur!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2009, 06:20:02 PM »

I've been working to get all of the achievements on Ghostbusters: The Video Game. I almost have them all, I just need 4 more.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »

Actually playing BIOSHOCK again ... but on the PS3 this time around. It is a little different, but playing through to get to the bonus stuff.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »

Actually playing BIOSHOCK again ... but on the PS3 this time around. It is a little different, but playing through to get to the bonus stuff.

How different is it?  Good way or bad way?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 01:46:36 AM »

A little easier, but I think that is me being familar with it.  Grin
Graphics don't POP as much (Not bad, but you can tell a slight less crispyness).
Load times are a lot longer in between levels.

Not too far in as of yet, only on third "level" so that is all I know right now. It is still nothing bad, just I think the 360 version is better. But this has bonus stuff at the end.  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 04:50:47 AM »

A little easier, but I think that is me being familar with it.  Grin
Graphics don't POP as much (Not bad, but you can tell a slight less crispyness).
Load times are a lot longer in between levels.

Not too far in as of yet, only on third "level" so that is all I know right now. It is still nothing bad, just I think the 360 version is better. But this has bonus stuff at the end.  Wink

At least the game is good enough for you to warrant a double dip purchase!  I haven't played Bioshock in about a week or so, but hope to get back to it soon.

I got Punch Out! and Guitar Hero World Tour for Father's Day, so that is where my gaming time is being monopolized lately.  These games are pretty much pick up and play games that I can leave and come back to at anytime though.

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »

Currently playing:

PS3
COD4
GH: Metallica
Rag Doll Kung Fu

X-Box 360
COD4
Left 4 Dead
Halo
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

Finally caught my "Moby Dick" (you know, that's sounds dirtier now that I've typed it) and got all 1001 Light Seeds on Prince of Persia.  Now I'm going through the Epilogue again to find all of the frescos.

Plan on starting Gears of War 2 soon.

And I've been throwing in a few bouts with Punch-Out for the Wii.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »

I gave up on the Ghostbusters achievements. 46 out of 50  for 910 ain't bad. I traded that in and got Prototype and Bioshock, since I couldn't make it through the first time due to it being a rental.

I'll post what I think of Prototype later, I've heard good things and that it's a surprise hit.

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

Picked up Halo 3 and Madden 09 for the 360.

New playlist:

PS3:
COD4
GH: Metallica
High Stakes Poker
Bioshock (playing for Trophies)

360:
COD4
Left 4 Dead
Halo 3
Madden 09
The Force Unleashed
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

(the last 2 I've played through on PS3, but want to get the Achievements on the 360, so bought em for a song and re-living some fun times!)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »

Right now I'm playing BioShock again for the first time. First time around it was rented, so I wasn't able to invest a lot of time into it.

This time, though... I'm taking my time and soaking in the atmosphere of Rapture. Great game.

Also playing Prototype. Pretty good game so far... actually surprisingly good.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2009, 02:18:02 PM »

Do Facebook games count?

If so, I'm playing Mafia Wars , Street Racing, and Farm Town.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS