HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:38:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What videogames are you currently playing?  (Read 181931 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 07:54:57 AM »

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on Gameboy Advance now, and I'm freaking loving it! It came out in 2004 I think, or somewhere near there. But it's new to me! It's actually the first new Zelda game I've played since Link to the Past (SNES) or Link's Awakening (Original GB), whichever of the 2 came out last. So it's been a while. And I love that it's all in the old-school, top-down, sword-swinging style! I never owned a N64 or Gamecube, so I haven't played the 3D Zeldas. But I can't imagine it actually being a true Zelda game if it's in 3D.

-Nate-

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »

I'm playing The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap on Gameboy Advance now, and I'm freaking loving it! It came out in 2004 I think, or somewhere near there. But it's new to me! It's actually the first new Zelda game I've played since Link to the Past (SNES) or Link's Awakening (Original GB), whichever of the 2 came out last. So it's been a while. And I love that it's all in the old-school, top-down, sword-swinging style! I never owned a N64 or Gamecube, so I haven't played the 3D Zeldas. But I can't imagine it actually being a true Zelda game if it's in 3D.

-Nate-

Minish Cap is an awesome game, and you should definitely get Phantom Hourglass if you own a DS!

But don't be so quick to dismiss Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and especially Ocarina of Time.  These installments take the Legend of Zelda to new heights of action and adventure, and have such a richly detailed environment that really adds a deeper playing experience in the land of Hyrule!

Game Cubes are cheap out in the market, and you can play all three on the Gamecube!  Put it on your holiday list, and let me know what you think!  I'd be willing to bet that you would sing a different tune!

While the original Zelda on the NES set the stage, I don't think you can consider yourself a true Zelda fan if you deny yourself playing Ocarina of Time.

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »

Link to the Past is the first Zelda game I ever played and it hooked me, big time.  I have played every Zelda game since, and I wanted to echo Glenn's opinion that the 3D Zelda games are definitely not to be missed.  Trust me when I tell you that I have spent more hours on Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker than probably any other games I have ever played (with the possible exception of Final Fantasy 7), just because I loved exploring the worlds that much, and I wanted to find every hidden item, every secret, every weapon there was to be had.  Do not miss these games if you are a Zelda fan.  And if you don't want to invest in an obsolete console like the Gamecube, don't forget that the Wii plays Gamecube games as well.  Play on!
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »

Well, now I'm playing Resistance 2, The Bourne Conspiracy, COD:  World at War, and COD4.

Hmm...I think I'm leaning more towards shooters lately.

Also, might be picking up Fallout 3 with some Christmas cashola.  We'll see.  Not like I need another game to play at this point.
rasputin
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »

I'm fully absorbed in Animal Crossing: City Folk, Rock Band 2, and LEGO Batman. It's a very weird mix of joy and frustration, building a house, AGAIN, for the 3rd time now in Animal Crossing.

And Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for DS is freakin' unbelievably difficult.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

Picked up Mirror's Edge and Left 4 Dead.

Mirror's Edge is absolutely amazing. Definitely going to be one of those titles that doesn't sell insane copies but instead becomes a cult classic.

Haven't had a chance to really absorb myself into Left 4 Dead.

Also playing Madden '09 and COD: World at War.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

TOMB RAIDER.

All you haters can bite me !

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »

TOMB RAIDER.

Or as the wife calls it "Boob Raider".

No hate here.  I love the Tomb Raider games. I wish they'd make one with the Far Cry engine.  That would be sweet!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 01:58:20 AM »

Locked topic ?

Huh ?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »

Locked topic ?

Huh ?

Fixed.  Sorry about that.  I've noticed when I'm on my iPod and clicking on the "Go Up" link it sometimes picks up the buttons under that.  Must've accidentally locked.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »

The new Prince of Persia is soooo beautiful.  I'm addicted to the game.  Still playing Left 4 Dead... and I hope to get back to Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. (I need to finish that before 5 comes out).

Oh... and inbetween, I need to finish up Eternal Darkness one last time.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 06:35:18 AM »

Oh... and inbetween, I need to finish up Eternal Darkness one last time.

One of the top 10 gamecube games ever.....

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »

I'm playing Viking: Battle For Asgard on XBox 360. It's a pretty fun action game with some RPG elements. It's actually done pretty damn well. Completely overlooked due to Oblivion and God of War.

When I've had enough of hacking up demons, I got WWE:Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 also for the XBox 360. I liked the last two, especially since the inclusion of Storylines for the wrestlers. I'm hoping this one turns out as good.

I also picked up Spider-Man 2 to play through again. It was a pretty fun game. I'm thinking about picking up the 1st one too. #2 was onlye $4.99 at Gamestop! So if I can find #1 it might be even cheaper, has to at least be the same price, since 2 was better.

-Nate-
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:27:34 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »

So I discovered trophies.  And now I've added SOCOM and Battlefield: Bad Company to the mix.  I hate trophies.  They frustrate me.  I love trophies.  They are so shiny and pointless.

Grin
Collector1
HR Hero

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »

No More Heroes. Awesomeness...too much...

They can be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason
above all - their capacity for good - I have sent them
you.  My only son.- Jor-El
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS