HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:39:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Back Issue Bins  (Read 6580 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 18, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »

Now that almost everything is digitized, do you still scour the bins for back issues? who still shops for deals on eBay?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 12:34:00 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »

I don’t anymore. I’m 100% digital.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:54:05 PM »

Yeah, same here. Of course I was mostly using Ebay to sell rather than buy in the first. I would put up books that I would read just to recoup some of the funds I using to buy them in the first place.
 Grin

It is a lot easier now having a tablet in my hand and not having that worry about damaging the books I was reading before I had a chance to sell them. Ha, it seemed to never fail that I would end up slightly damaging a low print run #2 issue before I resold.
 Undecided

From the "buyer" (collector/investor) side of course I can only assume Ebay is still the place to be to find those needed issues, but I haven't been there in some time now so that is only an assumption.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 03:49:11 AM »

I don't buy anything -at all- anymore. If it's not on MU or DCI, I just don't even try anymore.

Kids, man. Kids...

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 02:26:06 PM »

I don't buy anything -at all- anymore. If it's not on MU or DCI, I just don't even try anymore.

Kids, man. Kids...

I hear ya on that, but if Pop (me) doesn't get at least one splurge or entitlement, I am cranky. And it's not like if have a love life and spend money on dates.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 02:30:21 PM »

Kids, man. Kids...

I hear ya on that, but if Pop (me) doesn't get at least one splurge or entitlement, I am cranky. And it's not like if have a love life and spend money on dates.

Too true. I actually just recently had a talk with the wife last month; I started buying myself ...stuff. For the last 2 years, with 2 kids in daycare, medical bills from their surgeries and mine, I have. not. bought. myself. a thing.

I've used saved birthday and christtmas money to re-up Marvel Unlimited and DC Infinite. and that's all I've done for years now.

And my sacrifices weren't doing a damn thing to our debt. Not that my wife was helping with that either, but that's a looong talk not worth going into.

So, I bought myself 2 game manuals, a new baseball cap, art from a podcast I like, all over the last 4 months. It's honestly the first things I've bought myself in years.

So, I stay in debt. I'll die with those same damned debt numbers. But I at least did something for myself.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 03:28:34 PM »

Kids, man. Kids...

Too true. I actually just recently had a talk with the wife last month; I started buying myself ...stuff. For the last 2 years, with 2 kids in daycare, medical bills from their surgeries and mine, I have. not. bought. myself. a thing.

I've used saved birthday and christtmas money to re-up Marvel Unlimited and DC Infinite. and that's all I've done for years now.

And my sacrifices weren't doing a damn thing to our debt. Not that my wife was helping with that either, but that's a looong talk not worth going into.

So, I bought myself 2 game manuals, a new baseball cap, art from a podcast I like, all over the last 4 months. It's honestly the first things I've bought myself in years.

So, I stay in debt. I'll die with those same damned debt numbers. But I at least did something for myself.

I am going to die in debt, too. Might as well live a little til then.

I don't have MU or DCI. I prefer the feel of a comic in my hands. If you ever want some extra reading, let me know. I have doubles and recent stuff I will gladly send your way.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 12:40:41 PM »

Spent yesterday afternoon helping a buddy bag & board 400+ comics. I got a few of his doubles:

1602 #2
Jack of Fables #8
Superman (1987) #50, 53, 203 & 204
Superman/Batman (2003) #8
Ultimate Fantastic Four #4
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 02:03:15 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 01:24:26 PM »

Nice!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS